G W 2019 sticker meaning

denada

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi,

i have seen this sticker on a few cameras, including a gopro i just purchased used. does anyone know what it means? google nor the seller were any help.

gopro.jpg

thanks!

Looks like a quality assurance sticker from the factory, to ensure it's been checked before it's put out for sale
I think you're right but I find the lack of indications that this is what the sticker itself is for to be strange. GoPro used to be Woodman Labs, but the G from GoPro and the W from Woodman Labs and the founder's last name doesn't make a lot of sense. Sometimes quality-check staff members each have their own sticker so it's clear through-whom the QC happened, but in those cases the stickers also indicate that they're QC and often say, "QC by XX".

i wouldn't think it's a sticker from gopro because it says 2019 and this camera was discontinued a couple years ago.

i thought it might be a 3rd party refurbished sticker. i received it in the mail today and it works perfect, so i am less concerned about what the sticker means.

i appreciate the replies.

also i was looking into the history of gopros today. they haven't changed much since the 3+ black. i didn't look back further than the 3+ black in 2013 (because that's what my cousin has). they've been adding adjectives in front of the same features for a while now. the 3+ had stabilization. the 8 black has hyper stabilization 2.0. both shoot 4k out of 12 megapixel smartphone size sensors with fixed f2.8, 17.xmm equivalent focal length lenses. with a two-ish hour battery length at 1080/30fps.

the session and the max are the only two that do anything different. the session's thing is being really small and waterproof without a case, which is great for fitting on to my trek blendr stem. i didn't even need to buy trek's blendr gopro mount, because look what is used to attach device specific mounts to a blendr stem. had the guys at my local bike shop scratching their heads too.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back