G8 Redux

here's what I came up with (from your original in the other thread):

16692150707_3942ea5f10_c.jpg

Looking for you wonderful people's opinions on this edit. Think I went too far, or is this about right finally?

G8 lighting experiment 2 by longm1985, on Flickr

Whatcha think?
with this version it seems like you were so worried about fixing your background that you killed your subject. THe car looks fairly dull and lifeless.

I was actually going for a flatter look with this-I see too many people cranking the saturation slider to the right to the point where it's almost gross, and wanted to be not that. That being said, your edit is about just right. Also, the hot spots look MUCH better.

Here's my vision after taking your advice.

G8 lighting experiment 2 by longm1985, on Flickr
I think if you split the difference in the desaturation of the rims and trim, you'd have it just about nailed on this one.

I'm also not sure how you made that hot spot on the front bumper larger.

But yeah, I think this is very close to just right.

But if you gel your flashes in the first place this is a LOT easier than spending hours and multiple tries in photoshop, haha.

Well, now that I know how to do this, it should only take me a few moments in Lightroom before I import to Photoshop. Or just fix it afterwards in Lightroom. Only takes a few moments once you know what sliders to play with to eliminate that nasty orange glow. I'm gonna get gels, but I'm also going to continue hating high pressure sodium lights in the first place.

Well, now that I know how to do this, it should only take me a few moments in Lightroom before I import to Photoshop. Or just fix it afterwards in Lightroom. Only takes a few moments once you know what sliders to play with to eliminate that nasty orange glow. I'm gonna get gels, but I'm also going to continue hating high pressure sodium lights in the first place.
I think you actually got a little bit lucky here in that the background was concrete and you could thus just desaturate everything but the car's red paint. If you have multiple light temps, but your background is also colored multiple colors in different spots... man... that's when it gets nearly impossible to fix.

That's why I like that parking garage. It's completely monotone. I get what you mean. I've tried to fix what you're talking about and it's like NOPE.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back