Gage

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is Gage. He is full of energy but I managed to get some cute shots. I used a reflector but it was overcast. Let me know what you think. :wink:

DSC01948.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

Oh dear.

I feel like I've met this kid before... It is sometimes impossible to deal with kids this age when they get into this mood; very contrary. Is mom down-to-earth and understanding that this is how her kid is right now, or is she going to have a heart attack when she sees these?
If she is looking to capture the essence of her child, then ok, but if she wants something beautiful to send to 100 distant relatives in a christmas card, she may have an issue. Have you shown her the proofs yet?

I may be wrong, but it seems from his eye direction that someone other than you was trying to get him to smile. Was mom helicoptering next to you? With kids like this, that's the WORST, and it is so hard to get them to stop. I'm sure you did the best you could under the circumstances!

You know, the parents loved them. I think b/c it shows their childs REAL personality. If they had wanted the fake, there's no way this is really how my child acts look, they would've gone to Walmart. I personally get so tired of those perfectly posed shots of children in studios w/ the fake trees & bunnies. Id personally rather see the true personality in their own backyards. Thats how Id want to remember my children.

I really like #3. Great capture - sincere and interesting expression, eyes are wonderful, overall very sharp and well composed. The last one is cool too, but I might have gone for a square-ish crop and cut off everything below the midpoint of the piece of wood he's grabbing.

You missed the focus in all those shots except 3. Not sure if your camera is set to multi focus, but you should look into changing it to single-center focus. You may be aiming at the eyes but it got the gloves in some and the hat in others.....

Good luck

Most reactions

Back