Gaining "Access" (??) to venues...

Firstly, it wouldn't work at a "major" event. Secondly, you know you're trying to get away with something ... getting in free, which isn't ethically or legally correct.

Basically you're stealing. You could get the same treatment if you bought a ticket walked in and told someone with the event (once you're on the inside) that you were "... there to take pictures..."

So don't try to rationalize out of what you are doing ... and while true the theft of one little ticket doesn't account for much economically ... it is still stealing ... just because the ticket takers don't recognize that you shouldn't be getting a free pass ... it is still stealing.

Additionally, the argument of everybody at a motorcross event can get hit by a cycle ... again hasn't anything to bear on the fact that you are allowed into a more dangerous place on false pretense. It's not that I really care or thing that is bad or wrong ... just be honest with yourself and others.

If given similar circumstances I also would go for the best photo spot, away from the masses and their P&S's ... but I'd buy a ticket.

I have often cover events acting like I belonged beyond the spectatular line. Sometimes I'm caught sometimes I'm not. (As a former news photog I know the dance.)

Gary

Most reactions

Back