KalitheArtist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got the galaxy s7, (not the edge), and I have got to say it is absolutely fabulous to have! It's got a pro mode where you can set the white balance, the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed! It's got effects as well. Matrix, center-weighted, or spot metering! Multi-AF or center. I am in love with the manual focus on this thing. It zooms in on what you're trying to get clear, allows you to adjust and then zooms out for you to take the shot. And the best part of all is you can save in raw!

I have some examples here:

cactus-flower-s7-1_zpsji2gd1pq.jpg

marigold-s7-1_zpszrd1epdj.jpg

redneck-doorbell-1_zpsvk7l6aqi.jpg

20160507_152309_zps9puy6vgl.jpg

I included the last one unedited because if you zoom in on the bugs they're decently clear!

Seems pretty impressive, indeed.

I'll be posting comparisons pictures soon between the s7 and my Nikon d3300. But I can't say enough good things about this phone.

They even sell a lens cover, made by samsung, it's a case that can screw in lenses. The lenses are a telephoto and wide angle lens.

I'll be posting comparisons pictures soon between the s7 and my Nikon d3300. But I can't say enough good things about this phone.

They even sell a lens cover, made by samsung, it's a case that can screw in lenses. The lenses are a telephoto and wide angle lens.
Really? Crazy. Nikon and Canon will be making phones soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've got the Galaxy S4 and have no real plans to replace it any time soon as it serves my purposes just fine. However, when I do replace this phone, I'm probably going to stick with the Galaxy line, so this is good to see. I'm kind of digging the idea of a case with a lens mount! :)

That's very impressive. The S4 camera was horrifyingly bad.

That said, Samsung phones are a nightmare. Camera issues aside, stock Android for the win. (again, not that it has ANYTHING to do with the camera aspect of things... I just can't in good conscience ever say anything good about a Samsung phone without balancing it out a bit.)

I like my S6 camera. After the recent update, in Pro mode, now I can save a photos in RAW format. I think it maybe the same in S7.

From the settings:
"Save pictures without compression in Pro mode. Each picture will be saved as both a RAW file and a JPG file. A viewer app is required to view pictures saved as RAW files. Burst shots cannot be saved as RAW files."

Is there any chance anyone with the Galaxy S7 can send me a RAW file? I just wanna play around with one in Lightroom. I'm planning on buying one next week.

I've used Samsung for awhile now. Note 4, S6 edge+, Note 5, S7, and now the Note 7.

The Note 7 is hands down The best phone I have ever touched. They all have great cameras relative to the time they were released but three S7 and Note 7 are damn good for a phone in lowish light and Af.

Is there any chance anyone with the Galaxy S7 can send me a RAW file? I just wanna play around with one in Lightroom. I'm planning on buying one next week.

How does one send a raw file. Just regular email?

How does one send a raw file. Just regular email?

Sure you can send it to my email if its under 20mb, or you can upload it to Google Drive, I think that it work too.

Okay so I just got done messing around with some raw files from the GS7 that @jake337 was so kindly to supply (thanks man) and I am just mind blown, very impressed for what it is. It totally gives the RX100 M3 a run for its money and it will fit in my pocket so much easier.

I know what I'm buying next week...

Okay so I just got done messing around with some raw files from the GS7 that @jake337 was so kindly to supply (thanks man) and I am just mind blown, very impressed for what it is. It totally gives the RX100 M3 a run for its money and it will fit in my pocket so much easier.

Just to be clear I have the Note 7, not the S7.

Get the Note next week. I used the S7 for about a month before I got the Note 7.

I thought there was a noticeable difference in how smooth the Note 7 runs.

About those files, well, I could have put more effort into them plus it was a crappy day yesterday.

Get the Note next week. I used the S7 for about a month before I got the Note 7.

About those files, well, I could have put more effort into them plus it was a crappy day yesterday.

Don't they have the same camera?

Don't they have the same camera?

Yeah but the differences are similar to like a D4/D4s comparison. Small but there. I wanna say the Note has some features that the S7 doesn't like hyperlapse but I just can't recall at the moment.

I'm referring to more how the phone works in general as a whole. It's just smoother and faster.

Most reactions

Back