Gallery Show HELP! [please]

Barkeater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for guidance/advice/help...

I have my first solo exhibit in NYC this November. Without taking out a second mortgage, I am looking for a company to print, mount (aluminum is way out of my pricerange), and laminate (3mil Luster maybe) 14-20 of my images. The number of images depends on the cost of presenting them. The images are on average 22" x 40". I am only selling prints, so paying $600+ per image to show seems risky ($600 x 15 images = $9,000). I plan on a maximum budget of $4,000 - $5,000.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sincerely,
Aaron Hobson

p.s. the first price (per image) I got that freaked me out was from Duggal in NYC:
$255 C-print on Fuji Crystal
$600 mounted to Aluminum Backing w/ aluminum bracing
$125 3mil Luster Laminate
OH MY!

I have to ask, what company are you quoting your prices from?

Duggal was the top name when I was living there (close to 14 years ago). They always seemed pricey with crap customer service. I forgot who we used, but we only got E6 processing. At any rate I would find a place to do your prints and then another to frame them. This will give you more options. Keep the printing local in Manhattan. Chances are you will be visiting these folks a lot. Check out Brooklyn and Queens for the framing. Framing is general hard to mess up so you might find a better price out there.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back