Garden Shots

Giles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just got my first film from my new(but not so new) SLR developed onta a CD. These are the goodies. I didn't have much to take pictures so it was the old back garden for me.

snowwhiteroseredbygilest5cm.jpg

Snow White, Rose Red
Pity it isn't more colourful.

crownofthornsbygilest7rj.jpg

Crown of thorns
Isn't much without the frame, makes it so much more dark and sinister.

athirdflowerbygilest9fn.jpg

Third Flower
Yeah.

Actually, these look like they are asking to be posted in Nature and Landscapes, too, but I'll let them sit here in General, so you have threads in both Galleries.

The last also appears in the other Gallery, and I said the background is way busy and the flower looks wilted. The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that it may as well also be a budding flower... but that doesn't take away from the busy background which I still don't like. The sheen on the background leaves suggests you used flash for this one?

As to the first here: I don't quite understand your title, and to be very honest, I find this a bit boring as it is, but I take it as your first attempts to create DOF and become familiar with it? If possible, you might even go for a larger aperture than the one chosen for this rose thorn photo, to blur the background even more.

Frame or no frame: the middle picture does nothing for me. Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back