🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

No one mentions tools...Okatsune secateurs are a bit pricey but waaay better than the cheapies. Prefer them to Swiss Felcos now:

Last edited:
First broccoli head of the season, half for me & half for the 2 little men. Made up baked broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce n' bacon for dinner tonight.

Dont use pesticides because its mostly for the bunnys and they love the broccoli & cauliflower leaves, they dont mind the bug bites🤣. Snail and slug bait while there seedlings after that the bugs can have some.

Broccoli and cauliflower in the tomato garden got more going in another raised bed with carrots and mixed lettuce, the strawberry bed gets pruned in a month or so. Gotta plant some snowpeas and sugersnaps in the other bed soon.
IMG_20240611_194523.jpg

IMG_20240611_194334.jpg

No one mentions tools...Okatsune secateurs are a bit pricey but waaay better than the cheapies. Prefer them to Swiss Felcos now:

Great topic. I do buy the cheaper pruning shears since I constantly leave them out or lose them and I like to have separate ones for the roses and dahlias. Two best garden tools I own are weeders. The skidger for when I don’t want to crawl around and whatever this short handled thing is called for when I do.

IMG_8656.jpeg

IMG_8657.jpeg

Great topic. I do buy the cheaper pruning shears since I constantly leave them out or lose them and I like to have separate ones for the roses and dahlias. Two best garden tools I own are weeders. The skidger for when I don’t want to crawl around and whatever this short handled thing is called for when I do.

View attachment 276158

View attachment 276159

View attachment 276158

View attachment 276159
Tried these/similar at the family ruin a few years back. No dice. Some established bada$$ grass/weeds there that required forking out--ughh!. They do work well for more civilized beds/borders. Gradually expanding/reclaiming those!

Last edited:
Tried these/similar at the family ruin a few years back. No dice. Some established bada$$ grass/weeds there that required forking out--ughh!. They do work well for more civilized beds/borders. Gradually expanding/reclaiming those!
What @SquarePeg peg bears repeating...

I haven't had a lot of luck with weeders, and figured it was just me being too clumsy to use them correctly. Dunno. I usually dig them up with a trowel if they don't pull out easily by hand.

Those shears look very nice. We are bad at leaving things out overnight, too, and they get rusty and hard to manage until we get annoyed enough to go get another cheap pair. :lol: Maybe if we spent real $$ on a nice pair we'd think twice about putting them away when we're done!

I haven't had a lot of luck with weeders, and figured it was just me being too clumsy to use them correctly. Dunno. I usually dig them up with a trowel if they don't pull out easily by hand.

Those shears look very nice. We are bad at leaving things out overnight, too, and they get rusty and hard to manage until we get annoyed enough to go get another cheap pair. :lol: Maybe if we spent real $$ on a nice pair we'd think twice about putting them away when we're done!

I have a small mailbox next to my potting bench in my backyard garden that I keep my smaller tools and gloves in. Always handy and always dry. But if I take them out front or into the pollinator garden they never seem to make it back to the backyard mailbox. I think I’m going to add another mailbox over by the pollinator area.

Pruned the grape vines today, so were on year 3 now (winter).
IMG_20220212_100810.jpg

Out of the 2 methods im gonna be doing (spur) pruning year 4 onwards.
IMG_20220212_100754.jpg

Tonight's dinner will feature fresh picked green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, and cucumbers. Can't wait to add a big thick slice of tomato "steak" to the plate. Growing up that's what we had most of the summer, whatever we picked from the back yard garden.

Tonight's dinner will feature fresh picked green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, and cucumbers. Can't wait to add a big thick slice of tomato "steak" to the plate. Growing up that's what we had most of the summer, whatever we picked from the back yard garden.
You're a little ahead of us down there, but exactly: I love the summer for that reason. Fresh means it was on the plant or in the ground 30 minutes ago. I ate the radishes and pepper in my salad for lunch and this evening I just finished a bowl of radish greens onion soup with crumbled corn bread on top.

You're a little ahead of us down there, but exactly: I love the summer for that reason. Fresh means it was on the plant or in the ground 30 minutes ago. I ate the radishes and pepper in my salad for lunch and this evening I just finished a bowl of radish greens onion soup with crumbled corn bread on top.
Corn bread and onions mixed in a bowl of pinto beans is a complete meal in itself.

Really missing tomato season atm, so yeah im jealous🤣.

Another one of my Camellias,
IMG_20240613_181016.jpg

Got these others as tube stock at the start of the year, they've got a fair bit of growing to do.
IMG_20240613_181546.jpg

Most reactions

Back