🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

MIA Peony...
Planted early summer 2019 in a just-cleared bed at the family ruin. Early days planting maps missed it. Rediscovered this morning while searching for a lost pair of secateurs. Spring 2020 brought the pandemic and pre-order/pick-up only at nurseries here and new plans for other areas. This one got jungled-in but survived, marooned and ignored in an isolated spot. Gets TLC now and inclusion in the drone shot maps we're fumbling with.

PPeonyA.jpg

Got these to pot up, not putting them in the ground now because it's a LaNina watch atm and my luck it'll eventuate and they'll drown like the last 3 consecutive LaNina years of planted plants and our wet El Nino season this/last year.
IMG_20240616_142836.jpg

IMG_20240616_143359.jpg

But i am planting these today, yum!
IMG_20240616_143541.jpg

4 meters of mulch moved, 1/4 of a cube of mixed rock too and the grape vine's are pruned. Still got a lot to plant along this fence line.
IMG_20240617_180041.jpg

Found this guy happily munching and crawling around one of my swamp milkweed plants. This particular plant has already been chomped on by a passing deer and is trying to rally. I noticed some chewed leaves so started to look.

Could this be a Monarch caterpillar? Kinda looks like one, and Swamp Milkweed is their host plant. 🤔

Anyone know their cats?

@SquarePeg what's your best guess?

20240622_112024.jpg

Solstice Tomatoes! We started picking tomatoes as of Thursday. I'm eating a fabulous fresh tomato sandwich for dinner tonight. The tomatoes are an heirloom variety known as Cherokee Purple and they are delicious. Canon G7xmkii

Attachments

• cherokee-prpl.jpg
    cherokee-prpl.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 2
We've had a lot of rain so far this June. Hot and rainy. The good news is how much my Gateway Joe pye weed is loving it.

There's no perspective here, I know, but these are all about 5 ft tall already. Just now starting to bloom, which seems kind of early. They've been in the ground one full year.

20240622_130804.jpg

Solstice Tomatoes! We started picking tomatoes as of Thursday. I'm eating a fabulous fresh tomato sandwich for dinner tonight. The tomatoes are an heirloom variety known as Cherokee Purple and they are delicious. Canon G7xmkii
We've grown Cherokee Purples before. They are excellent! I'm jealous - enjoy!!! :)

Found this guy happily munching and crawling around one of my swamp milkweed plants. This particular plant has already been chomped on by a passing deer and is trying to rally. I noticed some chewed leaves so started to look.

Could this be a Monarch caterpillar? Kinda looks like one, and Swamp Milkweed is their host plant. 🤔

Anyone know their cats?

@SquarePeg what's your best guess?

View attachment 276550
Let him chow down. We plant bronze fennel and parsley for the "Jeffs" every year. Check out "Jeff" in MIB 2.

We've grown Cherokee Purples before. They are excellent! I'm jealous - enjoy!!! :)
Thank Heaven for my wife's garden buddy Kurt. He starts all his tomatoes from seed indoors in Feb. I don't have the discipline. When we're ready to plant he always brings us a selection of 1/2 dozen different varieties. These Cherokee Purple came from Kurt with a head start.

Cheese on a ‘mater samich’ blasphemy! Everyone knows you just put a dash of salt, pepper and lot of Dukes mayonnaise on them.

Cheese on a ‘mater samich’ blasphemy! Everyone knows you just put a dash of salt, pepper and lot of Dukes mayonnaise on them.
Trust me: Try Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise sometime. Made with egg yolks. Great on spuds, too: boiled, baked, fried.

Trust me: Try Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise sometime. Made with egg yolks. Great on spuds, too: boiled, baked, fried.

I like the Kewpie a lot more than the Hellman's that's for sure. Reminds me of the mayo you could get in the Netherlands and Germany, a must for French fries.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back