[GAS Warning] Lightweight set for hiking

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I am thinking about a lightweight set for hiking and travel (yeah, I have Fujifilm X100F but that's kinda "different" camera) ... Do you have some ideas ? Actually my "current idea" is Nikon Z50 (450 grams) in set with 16-50mm (135 grams) and 50-250mm (405 grams) .. kit is below $1200 which is outstanding and I doubt that there is something else comparable in the matter of price (which matters) ..

if something comes to your mind, please share it ..

thanks and regards, dan

umh, yes, it's clear GAS ... I have a second camera Nikon D5100 (560 grams with battery) with 18-55mm VR kit lenses (265 grams) and 55-200mm non-VR lenses (255 grams) so this D5100 kit has (almost) same weight like Z50 kit with both lenses - 1080 grams D5100 Vs 990 grams Z50

~d

Fuji X-E4 with the new 27mm?

Also - I've been looking at some great deals on the outgoing X-E3 which is lighter and a lot cheaper.

have you looked at bridge cameras like the sony rx10 iv or do you want to stick with interchangeable lenses?

have you looked at bridge cameras like the sony rx10 iv or do you want to stick with interchangeable lenses?

depends ... I have a lightweight camera for a travel without interchangeable lenses (Fujifilm X100F) but later I've found that it's "something else". So I don't need another bridge camera - x100f is top-notch anyway .. I wanted to have instead some good modern lightweight camera with interchangeable lenses ..

My Nikon D7200 kit with holy trinity lenses weights with bag and tripod 11.5kg (camera + kit lens 1.3kg, tokina lenses 1.7kg, tripod 2.5kg, backpack 2.3kg, other stuff in backpack ~4kg) and I have covered 11-200mm (see my signature) - pff, I need to weigh that, it seems to me a bit much but well, I have there for example binoculars and filters in backpack

I wanted to build a second lightweight backpack (or messenger bag) with all the stuff and holy trinity of lenses (or not trinity but just covering range like 16-50-250 which does z50 or 18-55-200 which already does my D5100) .. I already have Vanguard messenger bag and superlightweight carbon tripod that fits in .. now I am only missing a camera (if I don't count x100f or d5100 which is old and my GAS sickness is pretty severe)

Ok, did precise weighing:

* my main backpack with D7200 lenses and gear that is in - 9.7kg (without binoculars and ofc \wo some other support gear that I usually take out like additional clothes, food/water and macbook air)
* my messenger bag with D5100, lenses and travel tripod - 3.2kg

so now I am thinking about replacement for my D5100 with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses

I bought the Sony RX10 M4 a couple of years back and I wish I had made the change much sooner..

I got a T7i and the Tamron 18-400mm super zoom for business travel and situations where I need portability and flexibility. It has worked really well. At 400mm it can focus down to just over 1ft providing near macro capabilities. So, wildlife at 400, landscapes at 18mm, and macro...perfect for hiking.

Oh, the T7i is not weather sealed but the lens is. Keep that in mind.

I bought the Sony RX10 M4 a couple of years back and I wish I had made the change much sooner..
wow ...

it's not exactly cheap ($1800) but it has 25-600mm lens .. however the sensor size is 13.2 x 8.8 mm .. what is real focal length ? does the fancy crop factor apply on it also ?

It is not cheap but it has an amazing lens, yes its only a one inch sensor but if shooting in good light its no problem, I wish I had changed much sooner.

I use a Nikon P950. Almost bought that Sony but I didn't want to pay that much for something of little use... I have enough of those.

seems like I'm going for Nikon Z50 with 16-50mm and 50-250mm .. this camera was praised in various reviews, some of them were even claiming that's best aps-c mirrorless superior to other brands

Naw... go for broke...

Hasselblad X50.

Go big or go home....

:allteeth:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back