Gate to Heaven...or Hell?

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
Took this from my roof the other day. I like it, but don't think it is GREAT. Was hoping I could get another opinion. Let me know how this image sits in your lap. :)

IMG_1722.jpg

I agree with 2stupid2duck the shot is excellent, your drawn in by the beautiful fan of light at the top then it is anticlimaxed by the dark houses... don't know whether you should crop or lighten....mmmmm.

Any other ideas out there?

IMHO, crop at the orangey horizon to make a wide pan type shot. Bit of USM possibly to crisp the edges of the cloud.

Rob

Really diggy the second one, great shot!

I had some really interesting cloud formation near my place today but alas I left my camera & kit and a friends house :(

i really like the original the separation between the pure (Heaven) light on the top and the smoggy yellow (Hell) light on the bottom. i wouldnt change it at all.

I think I like the cropped version. I was thinking that having the buildings lighter like on the 3rd one would be better but after seeing it I think I like the cropped one best.

It's a shame there isn't a stronger skyline in that scene, then you could crop most of the houses and just have what's silouhetted on the horizon. As it is though, I'd say go with the panorama type cropping.

The version without the houses is *exactly* what I meant. I'm not big on PS to alter images, only to enhance what is already there for printing or web reproduction.

I don't care what you thing about it TheMonko, for me it is GREAT

Most reactions

Back