Gates Past photo shoot Tucson AZ

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out yesterday to Gates Past for some evening/sunset photos. These are my pics to share with you. This place draws in lots of tourist who visit tucson. It is known for beautiful sunsets especially in the summer time

1) I had to wait for about an hour for this shot. I wanted to catch the sun right before it drifted lower than the Mt.

gatespastsunsetcactus by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

2) After I took the cactus shot I headed over to another look out point and when I looked up when I got out of my car I loved how the sun was shining on the Mt. and the saguaro just spoke to me

gatespastmountains by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

3) Then I hiked up aways to the look out point and saw what looks to be an old house up on a hill.

houseonthemountain by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

4) This is when I got to the look out point. There were many people there taking photos, and I thought I would snap a picture of these two ladies enjoying the sunset.

women sunset by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

5) My last picture of the day. Was this shot right below where those ladies were. I did about 12 exposures and when processing this photo I chose 7 that I wanted to work with. I did not want the foreground to be to bright , I actually wanted a semi silhouette of the foreground but enough to see some detail so your eyes could focus on the sunset.

gatespastdarksunset by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I am rather happy with the results and hope you get to see a part of Tucson that is more than just some random buildings and easier on the eye. I took the time to go out about 30-40 miles from my house to capture these.

Last edited:
Nice photograph's! My mom use to live in Tucson I've been to Gates Pass many times and at look out point!
Henry

Amazing! Just passed through that area ! Beautiful shots...

Only one question? The sun rays in the image are on the back of the person , is this a lens flare or was it post process?

They're all a bit overcooked but I like #1 a lot nonetheless!

Amazing! Just passed through that area ! Beautiful shots...

Only one question? The sun rays in the image are on the back of the person , is this a lens flare or was it post process?

It was not added it was how the photo came out. When you shoot into the sun you get the flares. Unless the person blocked out the sun they show up in the photos. What I did was because I had 9 exposures I had very bright areas and dark areas and I masked out what I wanted and did not want with the original images.

BTW thanks!

That's so awesome! Thanks for explanation. I wasnt sure. Beautiful work over and over again. Consistently impressive

Most reactions

Back