Gatornationals (top fuel dragsters and funny cars)

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today was my first day at a NHRA drag event, and I fricken LOVED it. Beside the fact that it was hot as hell, and I almost choked to death on nitro, it was so cool. Got to play with my new lens, for the third time, and had a blast. I've got over 400 photos to go through, and we just got home, but I just had to share the first couple. I have pictures of the winning drivers, the parachute guy landing on the track with the flag, cars from all different classes, etc.

Of the first 20 or, here's my faves. Keep in mind they're going almost 300mph.
2of8.jpg

7of8.jpg

I have lots more if anyone is interested in seeing more.

Nice! And I know exactly what you mean about choking on the nitro. Makes your eyes water, don't it? :lol:

I shot the US Nationals in Indianapolis three times with a press pass, so got to stand right beside the wall as the cars did burnouts. Got completely covered in little flecks of rubber, which is a big pain to clean off your camera and lenses.

Nice shots here, love the tire twist in the first one. :thumbup:

I shot the US Nationals in Indianapolis three times with a press pass, so got to stand right beside the wall as the cars did burnouts.

It was hard to get a picture without one of you guys in the frame. Their must have been 8 or so photographers down there. Some of their lenses were SICK. I wanted to kidnap one under the bleachers pull a switcheroo. :lol:

Heck yeah, post all of them! I love that stuff!:thumbup:

Trying to get some shots from the nearby drag strip has been on my to-do list for a very long time. I would love to see more of your shots.

It was hard to get a picture without one of you guys in the frame. Their must have been 8 or so photographers down there. Some of their lenses were SICK. I wanted to kidnap one under the bleachers pull a switcheroo. :lol:

Sorry about that. Yeah, I realize us pros do get in the way of the amateurs sometimes. I try not to be a pain when I'm at something like that, but often to get my shot I have to be in your way.

There are actually times when it's the reverse, however. Not having a press pass and not being in the preferred spot lets people get better images every once in a while.

By the way, not the Nationals, so no top fuelers here, but some of my drag racin shots are on my blog here.

Sorry about that. Yeah, I realize us pros do get in the way of the amateurs sometimes. I try not to be a pain when I'm at something like that, but often to get my shot I have to be in your way.

I'm just giving you hard time. :p We actually had corporate tickets through Snap-On, and they just happened to have a tent with tables and chairs at the end of the track, so I was able to get some shots from down at the end, as opposed to dodging heads in the bleechers. Though admittedly, it was much cooler up at the starting line, so I didn't hang out down there for long.

Anyway, more pictures......

Here is a link to the gallery.

Otherwise, here's a few more faves.

A couple from the pre races..

492677208_H7aPg-M.jpg

492731997_Nb5Sm-M.jpg

492713399_ZLa4y-M.jpg

More of the top fuelers....

492668936_xAotM-M.jpg

492724211_pV8SF-M.jpg

492665674_euXmg-M.jpg

492668073_gEjVL-M.jpg