Gave Water Drops a Shot lol

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i set up a ghetto macro-esque station in my kitchen and tried to shoot water droplets. i spent about 20 min with the tripod and kept missing the darn things haha. then i got fed up and took the camera off the tripod. so i was also trying to manual focus (just got my camera on xmas lol) i wish i had a macro lens for this kind of stuff. im using my d40 with kit lens. C&C welcome!

1124k1d.jpg

Not too bad. If you haven't seen this video I would recommend that you check it out. I found it very informative. GL

TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
thats the vid i went off of lol. i didnt have a good container.so i plan on doing it again. that guy in the vid gives good tips and i think im going to use his things as practice to get used to my camera more.

Ya his videos are pretty good.
TJ

i think im gonna try smoke haha. i wish i had the materials and stuff i need though. but his vids deff challenge me to try new stuff.

Nice shot, I like it!

I used my canon 500d close up lens on my 55-200mm AF-S VR lens when I did it, worked great. I am going to try it again with some poster board tonight, did you use on camera flash?

I want that 500d so bad!!
TJ

Looks good! i've done this also recently, a lot of fun!

Thank you so much!:biggrin:

Nice shot, I like it!

I used my canon 500d close up lens on my 55-200mm AF-S VR lens when I did it, worked great. I am going to try it again with some poster board tonight, did you use on camera flash?

sorry, missed this lol

i tried a bunch of lighting combos. but i think this one was a garage work light (i know lol) and the light from my kitchen. i wish i could go wireless flash. dang you d40

Nice shot, I like it!

sorry, missed this lol

i tried a bunch of lighting combos. but i think this one was a garage work light (i know lol) and the light from my kitchen. i wish i could go wireless flash. dang you d40

You can go wireless you just need a remote trigger. I am getting this one and an SB600 (I have a D40)

DealExtreme: $29.99 RF-602 Remote Shutter Switch for Nikon D90/D5000 DSLR Cameras

Most reactions

Back