Gawd, what an expensive week this has been!

No just Midas.

No just Midas.

I would never get any serious work done at Midas. Mcdonalds of auto repair. Personally I'd find a qualified independent mechanic for minor stuff and any powertrain stuff I'd take to a BMW specific mechanic. Was it Midas who said you needed a new master cylinder?

No it was Sears.

O la la

Part prices scare me away from German cars. Although an E30 or E36 M3 is on my wish list

It is my first BMW and I love her. She was my Mothers Day present last year. Not new, a 1995 and she has her quarks (like when I am driving and the alarm starts going off) but she is in perfect operational condition... or was... I love the sound of her engine.

It is my first BMW and I love her. She was my Mothers Day present last year. Not new, a 1995 and she has her quarks (like when I am driving and the alarm starts going off) but she is in perfect operational condition... or was... I love the sound of her engine.

You need to do some wrenching! Nothing gets you close to your car than doing work yourself.

Believe me if my Dad lived closer and I had access to his tools I probably would do it myself. We used to work on cars together when I was a teenager. I never really understood how it all worked so mostly I was getting his socket wrenches and cleaning dirty engine parts but it was a great experience and I learned a lot. Biggest lesson: If you don't have a map for where all the heads attach on your distributor cap, make sure you mark them before you take it all apart.

Believe me if my Dad lived closer and I had access to his tools I probably would do it myself. We used to work on cars together when I was a teenager. I never really understood how it all worked so mostly I was getting his socket wrenches and cleaning dirty engine parts but it was a great experience and I learned a lot. Biggest lesson: If you don't have a map for where all the heads attach on your distributor cap, make sure you mark them before you take it all apart.
Use it as an excuse to buy your own tools!

Most reactions

Back