GBH

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My 80-400VR has been acting up so I took it into Nikon to have the VR looked at. This is the first time in 8 months I have been happy with the results. The VR was actually creating a shake to the image instead of suppressing it. I had to use the lens over the summer with the VR off. I have a mid week airshow on Wednesday so I needed to test it. These are some shots of a Great Blue at a local Swamp.

heron20068281227copy.jpg

heron20068281235copy.jpg

heron20068281234copy.jpg

heron20068281229copy.jpg

Considering I had severe backlighting to deal with I was pleased with the results.

Cheers,

Eric

I very much like the cropping of the first and second photographs, and the contours of the bird's neck, which you captured in those photos, are very intriguing.

Cool shooting Airic. I think the lens is working fine.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice ones Eric!

(BTW - Do you shoot the Labour Day airshow at the Ex?)

Antarctican said:
Nice ones Eric!

(BTW - Do you shoot the Labour Day airshow at the Ex?)

I usually do but this Saturday and Sunday I will be up in Ottawa for another aviation event. I plan to hit the CNE Airshow on Monday. It is a great show but shooting into the sun all day pretty much sucks and the quality of the images is poor. I often go to Toronto International Airport to shoot the show planes arriving and departing. If you are in the area the F-22 Raptor will fly and I hear it performs a pretty awesome show.

Eric

Most reactions

Back