G'day from South Aussie

michael_sa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy all.

I'm Michael from Goolwa in South Australia. Been into photography about as long as I can remember, first with Mum's 35mm when I was a kid, then a Pentax MG... then digital P&S when digital first came out. Moved on to a Nikon D50, then the Fuji S5Pro and more recently bought a second hand D200. Still shoot with the Fuji and the 200, wife mostly uses the D50.
Very occasionally shoot film still - also have a Nikon F80 (or N80 as the North American model was designated)
I enjoy night photography most of all, though I haven't done much of it for a while. Recently bought a house and moved towns - kinda keeps a bloke busy, no time for hobbies - so I read about it on here... :confused:
Anyway, still finding my way around here, looks like a cool place.
Hope to join in very soon.

Michael

Hi, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Methinks I've been to Goolwa once, when in 1996 I was staying at my friend's in Blackwood and we went to see that little train which runs out of Goolwa to Victor Harbour. We didn't take the train, but drove on to Victor Harbour and filmed it (I was into video-ing at the time, as was my friend's husband, who later put our two films together). What fun - and my... it's 13 1/2 years ago !!! :shock:

Welcome!

Your avatar is nice. Is that one of yours?

Thanks Antarctican.
LaFoto
that's the place, moved here 6 months or so ago, was living in Strathalbyn (35km up the rd) Be kinda neat to see that film. Time sure gets away...
cnutco (good thing I'm not lysdexic... :lol: ) Sure is my shot, inspired though by an old Flickr contact called 'night photographer' he and others all used to bounce off each other a fair bit, some great unique (at the time) ideas and cool shots came out of it - seems a lifetime ago now - must get back to that type of stuff though. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the welcome

Michael

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back