~ GEESE AS IN PLURAL ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC04480_Fotor.jpg

~ Geese As In Plural ~ OK, so it is quite obvious that there are several Painted turtles sunning themselves in this image, but you say you only see a single Canada goose preening its breast feathers? Look again and I'll give ye a hint. Having been a hunter for decades, it is common strategy to look for game by seeing just a partial view of an animal (a head, neck, tail, legs, etc.). Masters of camouflage and programmed for survival, animals will often "freeze" to a motionless state, depending on their ability to blend into the cover within their environment. Nature has seemingly equipped animals through adaptation with these incredible tools of survival. In this regard, a productive hunter or photographer will learn to make use of stealth and to search for animals in part, rather than in the whole. Once a partial view of an animal is made, it becomes a matter of patience in waiting for the animal to leave its hiding place in cover, and to present itself in whole.

Give up? Follow an imaginary vertical mid-line from the bottom of the photograph toward the top and look for just the black head and white cheek patch of a Canada goose sitting on her nest inside the reeds. As I said, many wildlife species are amazingly well adapted at blending into the habitat they most commonly frequent.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back