general photography

mackaveli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ideo.co.uk
Hi guys... well i was wondering i have only recently taken up photography, before i worked as a painter. I kept a book to write ideas and explore posible ideas? i was wondering if any of you guys do anything similar with your photography!! i think ill give it a go as it will probably help me. just like to see what you all think of the idea.

I actually do keep notes and a sketch book. But I also work in welded sculpture too. So you never know when an idea will pop up. I don't keep notes on my exposures as much as I used to. I find that I shoot alot of things the same way.I don't know if that is developing a style, or repititious memory.

Hmm I never really thought of keeping a notebook or sketchbook, but this sounds like a good idea. Although sometimes I do go around with my point-and-shoot digital camera to take down ideas for places to take better-quality pictures with my Canon 7N.

I have a general notebook to put anything in that I don't want to forget because I do easily. There's to-do lists, gift ideas for people, logs about the coworker who cheats on her work etc. And of course, photo ideas :) I have a file on this computer where I transfer those things to it. and I have a section just for things I want to photograph.

I have kept notes when experimenting with various exposures under different lighting conditions. This can be an excellent learning tool. Now that I shoot digital my camera records all of this information.

Dustin C
http://www.prophotosource.com
Equipping Photographers for Business

I send myself email messages about ideas that I have all the time. I'll be view the critique section or just browsing someone gallery, see something that I like or want to expand on and then I write it down somewhere as a something to try myself. I say, whatever works for you as long as you don't forget about it.

the replys keep rolling in... haha thanks again, yeah i think allot of good ideas keep falling out of my head at the mo, im not writing them down in any way.... Also could i ask you guys i dont no how you do your photography but when your out and about do you ever feel like people are.. i dunno a bit funny with you? i get that somtimes but hey what do you expect if your layed flat on your back in the middle of a car park at 9pm? lol

It doesn't really bother me that people think I am a quack. Once they see your shots they'll stop asking questions and start laying on their backs as well.

I have a binder with information in it, either stuff I've printed off or magazine clippings.

Although I do want to get a nice small notebook so I can take it with me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back