GENUINE FRACTALS review!

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long time film guy...relative newcomer to digital. Very very new with PS CS2...or any other version for that matter.

Well I'm not a believer in snake oil, but I found an online deal for GF and thought I would give this a try.

First off it works very easily. I took a 6.1 MP photo of our Christmas tree. Then I isolated on 1 tiny ornament and blew it up 5 times in each direction. Then I enlarged it to an 8.5 X 11 at 200 DPI.

The end result would have represented what would have been about a 50 ft tall enlargement had it been the entire tree. Well I won't say the result is tack sharp because it isn't. Nor did I expect it to be. OTOH it was recognizable for what it was and much detail was still there. At a distance of 30 feet it started to look pretty good again. I would view a 90 ft photo from AT LEAST that distance.

I want to try this again as I have time...but so far this thing looks amazing.

Updates to follow.

LWW

GF is pretty amazing. A friend of mine made a poster out of a web-sized image of mine. I was pretty amazed. It doesn't create detail that isn't there, but is very good at fooling the eye into seeing more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back