Geocaching trip (10 images, 1.7MB)

Polygon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Long time no write, life's just too stressful at times :(.
Anyway, here are some shots I took during my last geocaching trip with some friends (for those who don't know what gc is, in short: Searching a "cache" using a GPS-device and coordinates you got from the net, a perfect way to find new and interesting places in your area)

1. A highway bridge near the starting point
bridge1.jpg

2. One of some fruit plantations we've seen on the way
trees1.jpg

3. Sheep :mrgreen:
sheep.jpg

4. A pond in one of the villages the way lead trough
pond.jpg

5. Nice view along the way, the city in the background is Dresden
view.jpg

6. After taking the pic, I just laid down in the grass and enjoyed, I love this view
view2.jpg

7. Some plant along the way
plant.jpg

8. The bridge again
bridge2.jpg

9. A little stream right next to the hiding place of the cache
stream.jpg

10. Snapshot: The cache
cache.jpg

Comments and critique are highly appreciated, thanks for looking.

So YOU were the one to find that cache!
I only the other day saw a programme on geocaching on TV and the box looked very much like this one and the location also looked like "your" location, and the contents were like this, too... did you also put in a "Maus" in the end? The person who was portrayed in that documentary did!

Great pics.... I do geocaching also! It takes you to places you never knew about!

As part of my job, I do a lot of Geo-referencing of information. (I work for an A/E firm that contract through the US-BIA.) So I get a chance to hit many places, and pictures of them, along with Geo-coordinates and I place them on maps.
If you take your Lat. Longs and plug them into Google Earth,http://www.earth.google.com
You get an idea as to the surrounding places.
I also use AutoCAD, and ESRI for the work I do, and plugging in this stuff can be a blast.
Plus people can now find out the exact spot you took something.

It is also fun just to make a map for yourself or others to use. I have done this now with a number of churches. There is also an entire community out there doing this: http://a.webring.com/hub?ring=geocaching

Thanks for your comments.

@LaFoto:
Sorry to disappoint you, but there was no camera team with us that I knew about :), must have been someone else.

@Soocom1:
Sounds like an interesting job. I've found GoogleEarth and similar services to be a life-saver when planning those trips as my GPS-device doesn't have any maps. Also makes it somewhat more exciting only to have an arrow that shows the direction but not to know if the way doesn't make a turn to the wrong direction (of course the main reason is that it was the cheapest outdoor-capable I could get ;-))

Most reactions

New Topics

Back