George Washington Bridge Pictures C&C welcome.

Erik638

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys,

I am relatively new to photography probably about a year give or take a couple of months. Anyway, it started as taking pictures of my kids and has turned into pretty expensive addictive hobby. I have tried to take pictures of the George Washington Bridge twice now at blue hour. I edited them in Aperture. I have a couple more that I did HDR but I will post another time. Anyway, I would welcome comments, suggestions, C&C and anything else anyone has to offer. Thanks.

George Washington Bridge 24-70 @ 29mm by Erik638, on Flickr

1. George Washington Bridge
Nikon D90, 24-70 @29mm
F/18 , Shutter 6 seconds
Aperture Edit
11/13/10

George Washington Bridge 11-16 @16mm by Erik638, on Flickr

2.George Washington Bridge
Nikon D90, Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 @ 16mm
F/22 ,Shutter 15 Seconds
11/13/10

George Washington Bridge 24-70mm @ 24mm by Erik638, on Flickr

3.George Washington Bridge
D90, Nikon 24-70 F/2.8 @ 24mm
F/10 ,Shutter - 13 seconds
8/11/11

George Washington Bridge 11-16mm @ 13mm by Erik638, on Flickr

4.George Washington Bridge
D90, Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 @ 13mm
F/18 ,Shutter 13 seconds
8/11/11

Thanks,

Erik

Wow, cool stuff! Colourwise the first is my favourite, but I love the angle of the fourth one, and how the sun is part of the picture. The other two are nice as well.

I don't really have any critiques...I can't decide which ones I like more compositionally, the ones where you can see the shape of the bridge more (#2 and #4), or the closer shots that crop out the big towery parts (bridge terminology is escaping me...) (#1 and #3). I do think #4 is my favourite overall though...I really like how the left side of the picture is all bridge and the right side is just still water and cityscape. It could almost be two pictures taped together, and I think that's really neat.

looks great. where did you shoot this from? Was it that small access road off Hudson Terrace?

Earthmanbuck,Thanks for the kind words. I must say my pictures usually do not look like this That 1st picture with the nice colors was from a different day and month so that might have had something to do with it. That sun you see is actually the moon at a little after 8pm. Half the pictures I took I actually had that moon half in the picture and half out. So much for careful framing. Anyway thanks!!Stickshifty,Thanks also for the kind words. This is my first time posting anything and again my pictures usually do not look like this. I have a couple HDR versions I am going to post later from the same night. These pictures are from fort lee historical park. I believe that is off of Hudson terrace but could be wrong. Just google fort lee historical park and it will pop right up They have this amazing viewing area where you have a perfect view of the bridge. The park says open till dusk but I was there later and no one bothered me. One time I went here were several photographers and the second time just a couple of people checking the bridge out. Thanks again,Erik

Most reactions

Back