Georgetown's Canal

RiderOnTheStorm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went for a walk today and ended up with a couple of pictures :blushing:

Any advice is welcomed, share your thoughts.

georgetowncanalbridgefg4.jpg

georgetowncanaleb9.jpg

I'm not really sure what to say about the first one. It's ok, but that's about it, imo.

The second one is a different story. I love the 2 different walls on the opposit of each other. They add contrast I think. Maybe try converting to B&W?

The first is just overwhelmingly green. Wow. Oh, so green. How must all this foliage look on a sunny day, with the sun filtering through, I wonder?

The second has this wonderful element of vanishing point or converging lines, and I like the colour of the bricks as opposed to the grey of the stone wall on the other side, pity that the sky was so non-descript on that day...

Somehow your second photo here made me instantly think of this_photo_of_mine which I took off a moving boat a year ago in Berlin ... though there are no "green flames" growing out of "your" building here ;).

thanks for the comments.

I took on a foggy day so couldn't get that dramatic sky :( I dont know why but it seems that it is always kinda foggy and grey here, all yeah long :/

In regards to the 2nd picture.
I really like the composition - C&O canal in Georgetown is a great place to take pictures.
You have cropped this to an uneven dimension - which will male it harder to frame and is a little uneasy on the eyes. Also There is a lot of featureless sly, inevitable on a cloudy overcast day. I would do a couple of things to touch this up a little.
1) level the bridge so it doesn't attract the eye.
2) crop to 6 w x 4 h, leaving out as much as possible of the sky and making the path run from one corner.

IMO, this tightens up the picture a bit.

Redo sent by PM.
Would be happy to post it if you allow.

Lew

In regards to the 2nd picture.
I really like the composition - C&O canal in Georgetown is a great place to take pictures.
You have cropped this to an uneven dimension - which will male it harder to frame and is a little uneasy on the eyes. Also There is a lot of featureless sly, inevitable on a cloudy overcast day. I would do a couple of things to touch this up a little.
1) level the bridge so it doesn't attract the eye.
2) crop to 6 w x 4 h, leaving out as much as possible of the sky and making the path run from one corner.

IMO, this tightens up the picture a bit.

Redo sent by PM.
Would be happy to post it if you allow.

Lew

yes I agree, the redo looks great. Thanks :)

Yes you can post it.

Most reactions

Back