Georgian Bay in the fall

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots from my point-n-shoot camera. I love the rocky look of Georgian Bay.

7227-georgianbaytrees.JPG
georgianbaytrees2.jpg

gbinukshuk.jpg

gbview.jpg

7227-GB_inukshuk.JPG

7227-GBview.JPG

Last edited:
Cool shots Antarctican. What a beautiful place. I have never gone hiking there before, but would love to one day . I looks so clean.
The second is a great shot. Very nice.

The second one is really nice.
And the third reminds me of the islands off the Swedish coast, somehow.

wow... i missed these, girl..and i am so sorry....

these are very good...but i love the shot of the inukshuk looks so cool...i have never heard or seen them before.....

way to go...!! and hey, antarctian.... would you please keep posting???

aprilraven said:
... i love the shot of the inukshuk looks so cool...i have never heard or seen them before.....
An Inukshuk (pronounced in-NOOK-shook) is a stone landmark used as a milestone or directional marker by the Inuit (formerly called eskimos) of the Canadian Arctic. They come in varying sizes and are quite striking to see in person. You never used to see them around but bit by bit they are becoming more common in parks and gardens (the inukshuks that is, not the Inuit!). When the Olympic games come to Vancouver in 2010, the logo for that Games has an Inukshuk on it. [/lesson] Something about them really appeals to me.

Thanks Aprilraven and Photogal for your comments. Warms the cockles of my heart. And there's nothing worse than cold cockles.

Raymond J Barlow said:
... We were up at 12 Mile bay this past summer.. Great place!! too rocky! Daisy nicked a rock with the prop.. ouch!

LOL, you sure weren't the first and won't be the last to nick a rock with the prop up there. (Usually it's the rock that nicks the prop.) It's a dangerous place for boats, especially sailboats like I used to sail up there. Their keels reach down just a wee bit further than a prop.

Most reactions

Back