German countryside

Hokiehall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
germanalpsF727.jpg

I normally dig your stuff, but this one in particular feels overprocessed.

Thanks. I am tending to agree with you on that. The original needs some work but ometimes I can get a little carried away on the controls. Later today I will work on it to see if I can make it better.

I love love love the view of the countryside it's depicting, but agree the processing needs some adjusting. [For me, the overly-bright green colour of the two triangles of grass is what I find a bit jarring. But maybe that's just me]

I agree about the over saturation.

What I really do like about this capture is the framing of the mountains by the trees in the foreground. Nicely done. :)

Worse, you have introduced more noise in the shadows and started posterizing the midtones. Just drag the saturation slider down a bit. Is the sky blown or just over compressed? Wonderful view!

-Shea

Worse, you have introduced more noise in the shadows and started posterizing the midtones. Just drag the saturation slider down a bit. Is the sky blown or just over compressed? Wonderful view!

-Shea

Thanks. The sky was lousy that day to start with so there wasn't much to do about it.

Beautiful scenery! Oh how I would love to visit Germany! I agree about the colors, the mountain seems a bit teal.

nice picture i want to go here

Where were you?
Definitely not in the north. We don't even know what the word "mountain" means up here. Antarctican knows why! This part of Germany is a flat as a plate!

Where were you?
Definitely not in the north. We don't even know what the word "mountain" means up here. Antarctican knows why! This part of Germany is a flat as a plate!

Southern Germany in the area of the Zugspitz on the Austrian border. In fact I was on the way to the summit of the Zugspitz and took this from the window of the train.

The first one is lovley but has just a tiny bit too much saturation and grain. The second is too desaturated in my opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back