German Shepard - Canon EOS 60D

Jeffowashere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello fellow TPF'ers!

I joined the forums yesterday as I enjoy the hobby and figured I would share my first upload to contribute! As of right now all I have to work with is my iPhone 5 unfortunately for photography, but I used to have a Canon EOS 60D and I was able to get some nice shots back when I had it. I am still very new to photography, i'm good at lining up the shots to capture a nice image, but when it comes to all the fancy camera work like exposure and lighting and all those tricks i'm a little bit rusty.
Anyways, this is my 5 year old pure bread german shepard. She's the biggest suck! Definitely open to CC and if anyone would like to edit the image to teach me a few things and repost than you are more then welcome. The photo is straight out the lens and has not been edited! I sure do miss this camera, could capture every little detail. Hopefully I upload it properly as this is my first time doing this, let me know what you think in your honest opinion, good or bad! Thanks all :heart:

Be sure to click the image to view the full size and quality!

I think the composition is really nice in this photo. You captured the subject at a great angle. The subject is heavily underexposed. Here is an edit that I would do, obviously that's just personal taste. The adjustments I've done are as follows:

- Brought out detail from the shadows of the subject and adjusted subject exposure
- Brightened the photo up and increased contrast slightly
- Slightly tighter crop
- Removed the tree to the far left as I found it distracting
- Increased colour saturation just a touch

End result is as follows:
$457833_10151409935745573_1750608045_o.jpg

Nice edit Captain,beautiful dog. Here something I found helpful,even just to refresh what you may have forget for future reference.Digital Exposure Techniques

Thanks for the edit captain, learning a lot!
I also had a quick read on link you sent me DarkShadow, I appreciate the help guys, would love to know what others think.

you don't need fancy lighting, just work with the natural light. Take that picture when you're dog is in the sun and it'll look much better, especially if it's during the morning or late afternoon.

I agree, beautiful dog. I love shepherds. My dog is part German Shepherd, and I attribute many of her good habits to that breed!

Beautiful dog, I love german shepards. Perfect dogs, I cant wait to get a house big enough to handle one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back