Getting an 1100D. Need help

Osbornezo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Am looking at buying a Canon 1100D, was going to go second hand but would rather have a brand new camera. The reason for this is that i heard about the max shutter count. How many photos could i get with the 1100D before something goes wrong with the shutter? Is the problem fixable or replaceable?

Thanks in advance.

Just some number crunching.

Assuming the low end, the 1100D/T3 would have a shutter life of 50,000 shots. And further assuming you are casual user with an average of 700 shots per month, that would translate to roughly 71 months or simply around six years before the shutter needs replacement. Your actual mileage may though. Shutter replacement costs range from USD150-USD200.

Just some number crunching.

Assuming the low end, the 1100D/T3 would have a shutter life of 50,000 shots. And further assuming you are casual user with an average of 700 shots per month, that would translate to roughly 71 months or simply around six years before the shutter needs replacement. Your actual mileage may though. Shutter replacement costs range from USD150-USD200.

You can get the profiles free from the paper company's

It's not like the shutter is programmed to self-destruct when it hits some magic number. It's a ballpark (and a liberally-rounded ballpark).

I might say "The water pump in your car should last 100,000 miles." ... but you might know of someone who had to get a new water pump at 75,000 and someone else who got 150,000 miles and still hasn't replaced it.

The number is just a statistical average.

Most reactions

Back