Getting back into Photography, need advice.

Oliver89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I just recently got back into photography. I shoot with a Canon 60d. Since I just got back into photography there are a lot of things I don't remember. I was just wondering if anyone had tips on certain videos, methods, websites, or anything else you've done that helped you learn / re-learn photography techniques, tips, information, etc. Here's what I have done / am doing.

-Reading 60d owners manual.
-Watching a few tutorial videos here and there.
-Reading / browsing through books and e-books I have.
-I admit i'm not actually going out and shooting photos as much as I should be.

But if theres anything specific anyone can think of that will help me guide me through this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Sounds like you're already doing it all.

Youtube √
Reading √

Just get out there and shoot.

............ Here's what I have done / am doing.

-Reading 60d owners manual.

I nominate this for the TPF Post of the Year.

Take a local photography course. Check with your local camera store. They should know when and where courses are offered.

Hello fellow 60D owner! Sounds like you're doing the right thing (video's, reading, etc.) but it's also important to get out there and shoot to put what you're relearning into practice.

I'll second the recommendation from @gryphonslair99 for Cambridge's tutorials site.

Also, I used to be part of the Digital Photography School forum and I think they have a good set of short, bite-size tutorial-like articles as well. digitalphotographyschool.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back