jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I heard these guys coming from the lake and grabbed my camera. They were moving faster than you would think, and so I only got one of them, and I clipped the top of the para-wing, but I thought he was having fun, and wanted to share his fun. I only got two shots before they were out of sight again, and this was the best of the two. I was experimenting with Aperture Priority on this one.

Tamron 18-400 f/11 1/640 ISO 160 400mm
oct11202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Not my idea of fun. There's not enough Diazepam to get me up there.😂

Taking pictures of those things is a lot like taking pics of kite boarders. If you want a tight shot of the person and not the sail then clipping the sail or leaving it out entirely is acceptable. Nice shot, they look like fun.

Taking pictures of those things is a lot like taking pics of kite boarders. If you want a tight shot of the person and not the sail then clipping the sail or leaving it out entirely is acceptable. Nice shot, they look like fun.
Thanks!

Do you know this person? They may want this photo. Cool that you got the shot at a moments notice.

Do you know this person? They may want this photo. Cool that you got the shot at a moments notice.
Thanks! No, I don't know them. They come from somewhere across the lake, and the turn around over the neighborhood and fly back to where they come from.

Good shooting. They are not as easy to capture as you'd think.

How fun! For quick shooting it turned out great!

A zip line would be the extent of my action these days, due mainly to my back issues. And it would have to be one of those heftier seats for support.

This. ..? Um, no. 😆

I happened across a parasailer here a few years ago, and was so interested, I stuck around talking to the fellow while he charged his battery pack and helped him get his things ready just to learn about them. He really had some interesting stories. Nice job, Jeff!

Good shooting. They are not as easy to capture as you'd think.
Thanks! They are not, for sure!
How fun! For quick shooting it turned out great!

A zip line would be the extent of my action these days, due mainly to my back issues. And it would have to be one of those heftier seats for support.

This. ..? Um, no. 😆
Thanks! Yeah, I'm there with ya! I'm a disabled Vet, and there is no way I could do that, or bungee jumping. A zip line might work, though, but I'm not even sure about that.
I happened across a parasailer here a few years ago, and was so interested, I stuck around talking to the fellow while he charged his battery pack and helped him get his things ready just to learn about them. He really had some interesting stories. Nice job, Jeff!
Thanks! I think this guy was on his first flight, and when you zoom in, you can see an ear to ear grin on his face.

Most reactions

Back