getting effects like these

jaker654

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
Would you mind taking a look at these: https://www.airbnb.com/locations/bangkok/chinatown and telling me how you think this photographer achieved these colors? To me the photos look desaturated but still colorful, cool and dreamy. Maybe the colors are due to time of day (night) but any interpretations/suggestions would be much appreciated.

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
To me these look sort of typical of semi-bright overhead sky and slightly underexposed, lower contrast images.
A lot of pictures I took in SEA have this look.

amolitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I think they might be warmed up a bit in color temperature to try to counteract the overcast skies. The reds all seem to be coming out salmon, and the yellows kind of pop, to my eye.

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Look like images made with a pocket camera to me. I see no special editing done.

jenko

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I don't think there is any special editing, either. Just looks overcast in most of them.

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,
Would you mind taking a look at these: https://www.airbnb.com/locations/bangkok/chinatown and telling me how you think this photographer achieved these colors? To me the photos look desaturated but still colorful, cool and dreamy. Maybe the colors are due to time of day (night) but any interpretations/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kinda looks like what I would expect if I brought the Contrast down and then dropped the Saturation and bumped the Vibrance

OP
J

jaker654

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks to all!

peterjrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Could they just be raw un processed pictures. My raw files have this look. In contrast my jpg (that are processed in camera) look a lot more vibrant.

OP
J

jaker654

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Could they just be raw un processed pictures. My raw files have this look. In contrast my jpg (that are processed in camera) look a lot more vibrant.

I dont think so. Doing what the others said -- bumping down the saturation and contrast and pushing the vibrancy -- did the trick, more or less.

Most reactions

ClickASnap