Getting film developed and printed in New York

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
My sister is going to the Millenium UN Plaza Hotel next year and is thinking about cameras etc. She isn't into photography at all. I told her about x-ray machines and film and suggested she gets her film developed and printed whilst she is there. Does anyone know of any good places to get it done near the hotel? She is only going for a week so a 1-hour lab would be best. Also, are there any problems with getting UK film developed over there? I doubt there would be. But I don't know for sure unless I ask. :)

I have travelled on the airplane in both Canada and the USA just tell them you don't want to put your film through the machine and make sure you have a few rolls of 800 iso or higher. If I am not mistaken the machines can also damage cameras so they will do a test on all your film and camera. I test where they see if it came in contact with any drugs or explosives.
One airport they test it all together but at another they test each of my rolls of film seperatly. Rather intresting to seem them go through 20 rolls of film or so.
On a side note their scanning machines say they can scan film 400 iso and below. I was carrying all 800 iso.

My three roles of ISO 200 film went through two x-ray machines when I went to Spain. One at the airport in Norway on the way to and once at the airport in Spain going back home. The film was not affected in any way but if you are worried you can buy film bags which reflect the x-ray machines x-ray vision preventing the film from taking damage. They will usually check whats in the bage when it comes out and then give it back to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back