Getting film developed locally or online

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How do you guys get your film developed? Can anyone give some past experiences with online services such as mpix.com? I'm looking for an economical way to get my bunches of film developed. thanks.

I develop my film at home, it saves me money and it means you can chanehow u develop the film which is good if you want to push/pull etc thefilm. Oh and it's fun too:D

For C-41 (colour negative), I pay about $1/roll at the local supermarket for one hour service with no prints. I've never had a problem with them, though it's worth experimenting when trying a new lab (i.e. don't drop off the most important shots you've ever taken).

For black and white film, I do my own developing at home. I have a changing bag to load it into the developing tank, and I do the rest in the laundry room.

I haven't been able to find a local place that will do slide film for a reasonable price. I'm investigating options like dropping it off at Wal-Mart or Costco for mail-in service.

Please note that mpix does not develop black and white rolls.

Hopefully I'll be developing and printing my own black and white soon (funds permitting). But as for C41 options there's Eckerds and Wolf. I haven't checked out prices really thoroughly yet. Just curious to see how everyone else did it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back