getting into film

I got a minolta x-700 for christmas. along with a 35-200; 35; and 50 lens. (and a fully manual flash too). This stuff is was my dads in college and the lenses are all manual focus. Anyway I have NO idea where to start, what film to buy or even how to load the film :er:. (I am a product of the digital era :lol:) anyway I'm excited to get started, can someone point me in the right direction? I want a fast film with high iso.

Ilford HP5 is a nice fast film, i use it just bought 100 feet a nice slower film is Ilford FP4 also Ilford are still investing in film and have no intentions of giving up on film

When gary said 100 feet, I assume he rolls his own film canister. Paige will probably buy 24 or 36 exposure film. Gary can make his roll however short he wants.

I never roll them short it wastes too much

Ilford HP5 is a nice fast film, i use it just bought 100 feet a nice slower film is Ilford FP4 also Ilford are still investing in film and have no intentions of giving up on film

When gary said 100 feet, I assume he rolls his own film canister. Paige will probably buy 24 or 36 exposure film. Gary can make his roll however short he wants.

Yea, i hear that. I used to roll some pretty good fatties myself back in the day.

Well waste is relative, but I understand that, I like to keep them the same as 120 which is often too much, so I often re-roll 10 frames.

36 frames is a waste to me because I end up taking crappy shots just to "get through" the roll, or get careless feeling like I have unlimited images in a day.

You only need one good image ;)

Well waste is relative, but I understand that, I like to keep them the same as 120 which is often too much, so I often re-roll 10 frames.

36 frames is a waste to me because I end up taking crappy shots just to "get through" the roll, or get careless feeling like I have unlimited images in a day.

You only need one good image ;)

Come summer I will be going through 100 feet a month so it makes a big difference to me, the only 100 foot roll I roll small is a roll of Kodalith Ortho I got for £0.50

For color negative film I love Fuji 400 ProH.

That is some amazing stuff!!!!

But if OP has never shot slide I highly suggest he shoot some...it's magic! I love Provia

For color negative film I love Fuji 400 ProH.

That is some amazing stuff!!!!

But if OP has never shot slide I highly suggest he shoot some...it's magic! I love Provia

Plus Fuji is getting out of the C-41 game, I don't think the 400 ProH is being made anymore. I could be wrong, it's certainly not made in sheet film.

Most reactions

Back