Getting into medium format

Atari1977

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
atari1977.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took the plunge and decided to get a Yashica Mat-124 to shoot 120 with. I still have to get a take-up spool for it, but once I do I've already got some Provia 100F to try it out with. It definitely works mechanically, seller had used it. Not sure on the lightmeter, but don't care as it needs a zinc-air battery and I've got an external lightmeter(part of the reason I didn't opt for the 124 G).

A great camera and more ruggedly built than the 124G.

Congrats on the camera!

Living in Atlanta I would think that any of the better camera shops would have an extra 120 spool, or you could call around to local labs to see if they develop 120 and get one there.

Worse comes to worse, you could just buy the cheapest roll of 120 you can find and unspool that.

Nice camera. I had one years ago and loved it.
I had the Yashica, Mamiya 330 and 200 and Rolliflex TLR's.The one thing I never got used to with any of them was the dreaded parallax. Mamiya had, what they called, their "Parallax Mender" which was basically just an expensive shaft that brought the taking lens up the the viewing lens position. For general photography parallax is mostly a psychological thing and the Yashica always took great photos. Have fun and enjoy it!

Got back my first roll of Provia 100F. These are two the shots I scanned and I'm pleased with the results. Though in a frame or two I saw what looked like bright spots so I think there might be a light leak, so I might spend some time and replace the seals.
$clock_by_atari1977-d55vcpz.jpg$tickets_by_atari1977-d55vbdp.jpg

Most reactions

Back