Getting lenses Painted?

Ya, I have been holding back from taking over this guys thread, with car talk, but I can't take it anymore. I am going to start a thread about all stuff car related. I'll post the link in a minute

Hipsters those people who try be cool hippies or something and wear vintage clothes and stuff. Girls wear their little hip scarfs and little hip glasses and put a little flower in the dashboard of their beetle. The other day I some guy driving his VW and wearing on those old man golfing hats hhaha.

hahah... no, that wouldn't be me I'm afraid. I dress in LL Bean and Eddie Bauer crap, mostly. :)

To be honest: do you REALLY care what colour your lenses are as long as they get the shot? Is it not going through more trouble than it is worth to try to find/paint white ones?

Or switch to Canon and get some L's just for this reason!

The only advantage to white is that if you shoot in broad daylight (sports photographers specifically) then black lenses can build up heat inside and actually build enough pressure to ever so slightly warp the lens. (says my professor any who)

Oh, btw, my D20 has a spoiler. I just think of it as a wind powered image stabilization. Especially useful when shooting going around a curve at 100+mph

How about this one? The ultimate camera mod... gold plated Nikon with alligator skin seats:
f2goldSoberWong.jpg

All rights belong to the originator of this pic, as it is not mine. :)

Ahh seen that one. Custom made F2 for a rich client. It's funny though that Nikon actually produced some similar styled ones as commemorative cameras later like the limited edition Gold FA

P1000879.jpg

OH MY GOD that is the most retarded censorship I have ever seen. http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/credits/***old/index2.htm This is where you want to go to see the GoldFA. Btw the three letters which are ***ed out are "f a g"

Either way what you really want is green lizard skin (also made custom by nikon apparently):
Nikon_FE_Green_A.jpg

Last edited:
^^------ the sticker denotes the unit passed the hideous looking camera test

Those passed stickers always struck me as bizarre, though I suppose they kinda figured people would remove them. People like my wife never remove those things... she yells at me when I peel off those clear plastic things they put over surfaces in new cars. My wife is a freak. :)

God they are always the first thing to come off. Why would you stare at the flaking sides of your iPod screen when in 2 years you'll toss it and replace it anyway. They put those there to protect in shipment, not to so the consumer puts up with the uglyness.

Incidentally I miss the Passed stickers. Old camera gear used to have it. Seems like they don't care about quality control anymore.

Haha yeah, manufactures weren't messing around when they said a camera passed inspection, considering we still have those cameras 40 some years later and they still work:thumbup:

+ friggen 1

I have a few cameras that still have their QC stickers on them and they are thirty to forty years old. They would take awesome pictures...if only I knew how to take an awesome picture....:D

God they are always the first thing to come off. Why would you stare at the flaking sides of your iPod screen when in 2 years you'll toss it and replace it anyway. They put those there to protect in shipment, not to so the consumer puts up with the uglyness.

Incidentally I miss the Passed stickers. Old camera gear used to have it. Seems like they don't care about quality control anymore.

My wife is a little loopy, but I love her anyway. :)

I know a guy who put a 454 in an MGB. Now that this must be a kick in the pants. If you got on it, it would twist the frame so bad, you would get squished.

I saw a guy who put a cadillac northstar v8 in a pnontiac fiero. It was bad ass. and I had a friend who put a built 800 horsepower Mitsu Talon setup into a 1994 4-door purple hyundai elantra. It did a 10 second quarter and routinely humiliated new C7 corvette z06's at teh track, with it's 4 door purple fury.

I saw a guy who put a cadillac northstar v8 in a pnontiac fiero. It was bad ass. and I had a friend who put a built 800 horsepower Mitsu Talon setup into a 1994 4-door purple hyundai elantra. It did a 10 second quarter and routinely humiliated new C7 corvette z06's at teh track, with it's 4 door purple fury.

Haha, ya gotta love smoking the race cars.

Most reactions

Back