Getting my first camera. Need an opinion.

TaD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been wanting to get into photography for a while, and with my birthday coming up I will have a little more help getting a camera. I have a small budget and was looking at the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. It seems like a very nice camera for a reasonable price. I don't have enough money for a new lense for the camera yet though so I have to keep the lense that comes with it until I do. Basically I would like to know your opinions on this camera and if this is a good choice.

as far as I know the Rebel XTi is great for a first camera. that's what I got and It's served me very well for my classes.. but I'm starting to look into getting another camera and having my rebel as backup.

I bought mine at costco for 850 with a stock lens, USB coord hookup, and some other small things.

The canon rebel XTi is a good first camera. The lens in the kit, will do nicely the first period.

You'll be getting to know the camera at that time, so buying new lenses to early might not be the best idea. Get to know the camera, and what optics you'll need. Save up, and invest in a lens that you feel you will have good use for later. That's the best advise I can give.

Best of luck.

Thank you both for your replies! Now I know for sure that I am getting this camera. I'm glad that I found a helpful community =).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back