Getting people to buy my equipment.

I hope it is clear I have no clue what I am doing. Atleast if people see that they can help me. I have already previous to this post here have decided to go with only the strobe. I would love to know why my D40 is not good enough. I just did a concert with it and a strobe I borrowed and got expression, action, and motion in poor light with extreme satisfaction from the band and one of them is a photographer.

Well I don't think your D40 is terrible but the real reason you need to rent a body is that you need a BACKUP. You'd be crazy to shoot a wedding without a backup body. Also, I would not feel comfortable shooting a wedding without faster glass than you currently have. Then you need a flash on each camera, which you can buy or rent.

Rent Dammit!

Why are you stuffing your brother?

*yawn*
Another "I haven't got a clue but i am going to shoot a wedding" thread.

OP, for grins and giggles, search "first wedding" on this forum.

I love the OP's business model: buy my gear and I'll try to produce the cost-value equivalent with my photography. If not, err, well, .... sorry!!!11!

Fingers cross'd.

I am not going looking for wedding shoots. I have not even done any studio stuff yet. I was wanting to get some studio stuff and then start practicing. That was next on my list. He came to me and asked me to do it. I said I have never done this sort of thing before. He said he loves what I have done and would love for me to bring that to his wedding. Then he said whatever I needed to make a list. I am a good self learner. If you tell me what to get I can get it and within a couple days be using it and doing awsome. I went from a 126 to a 35mm slr from the 1970's. That camera broke and I went without it for about 13 years. Got my D40 and I get an image in my head then I take the camera and produce it. Am I proffesional? No. Do I need training? Yes. But I will tell you one thing I learn and am a natural with a camera. You tell me what to get and I will use it to produce awsome shots. I have an artistic creative mind and I can use it and do some awsome stuff. If I had any mentor ship at all I would be doing way better than I do now and I think for no training I do very well. These may not be wedding or portrait but I think for having the camera a couple weeks and on my own figuring out the camera and composing these shots demonstrates the ability to learn quickly on my own and that I have the talen to do what I want as long as I have the vision.
2942213774_0a32956a02_z.jpg

2938967154_c42c289d33_z.jpg

2938042021_6f6ccbdbaa_z.jpg

*yawn*
Another "I haven't got a clue but i am going to shoot a wedding" thread.

OP, for grins and giggles, search "first wedding" on this forum.

I thought my 50 was pretty fast. I have been using it in low light and have been loving it. Being the 50 is my step up I don't expierience with anything faster. I may be able to borrow a faster lense so what do you recommend I should get that would be faster. Next lense on my list is the Tamron 90mm macro so I was not looking at anything faster yet but if you recommend somthing I may put another on my list.
I hope it is clear I have no clue what I am doing. Atleast if people see that they can help me. I have already previous to this post here have decided to go with only the strobe. I would love to know why my D40 is not good enough. I just did a concert with it and a strobe I borrowed and got expression, action, and motion in poor light with extreme satisfaction from the band and one of them is a photographer.

Well I don't think your D40 is terrible but the real reason you need to rent a body is that you need a BACKUP. You'd be crazy to shoot a wedding without a backup body. Also, I would not feel comfortable shooting a wedding without faster glass than you currently have. Then you need a flash on each camera, which you can buy or rent.

Wow, I actually did this:

QUOTE BITTER JEWELER - OP, for grins and giggles, search "first wedding" on this forum.

There's a lot to read... I stopped after an hour...

That is one aspect of this forum I have not been using. I use google but have not been using this. I am going to be checking out what there is for this in the search option.
Wow, I actually did this:

QUOTE BITTER JEWELER - OP, for grins and giggles, search "first wedding" on this forum.

There's a lot to read... I stopped after an hour...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back