GFX 50s

Robb M.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have had my eye on this camera for a while now. I shoot primarily weddings. Has anyone used this extensively for weddings that could answer some questions for me?

Have you checked out the GFX 50 Facebook group? It has many,many owners wrs of the GFX 50,and they have had a lot of discusssions about the camera, the lenses available for it, and the many lenses that they have adapted to this fine camera. I was in the groupo for a couple of months, and saw many fine photos made by the GFX 50,with both the primes Fuji has released, the zoom, and MANY different prime lenses from all the major (and minoir) lens makers.

A HUGE number of lenses originally released for 35mm cameras can be adapted to the GFX 50, most with very minimal or no fall-off in the corners!

Should this camera really be classed as MF given that it has such a small sensor, to me 6x45, 6x6, 6x7 etc is MF the sensor in the Fuji is only slightly bigger then FF 35mm so not even close to MF

We have a tendency to categorize things in a manner similar to what we did in the film days. In those days medium format described cameras that used 120/220 roll film. They were medium because they fit in between "miniature" 35mm and large sheet film.

The sensor is about twice the size of a 35mm frame in terms of area and sports more than 50 megapixels. So slightly larger may be a bit of an understatement.

I guess you can categorize it anyway you like since the old categories don't seem to fit today's digital world.

Unless it full frame that is

Should this camera really be classed as MF given that it has such a small sensor, to me 6x45, 6x6, 6x7 etc is MF the sensor in the Fuji is only slightly bigger then FF 35mm so not even close to MF

So buy a FF DSLR and sleep well. Next?

Fuji isn't conning anyone. Why do think otherwise?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back