Ghost city

Neat double exposure...but compositionally lacking IMO.

Neat double exposure...but compositionally lacking IMO.

Thanks for the comment. I'm curious to know what you think is lacking.

And for the record, there seems to be no good way of asking that without sounding defensive, so I'll just say explicitly that I'm not being defensive, but just asking for some elaboration so I can have more specific feedback.

Sure of course...no need to explain!! So IMO...the two exposures have a disconnect aesthetically...besides of course the fact that they are both cityscapes. I just don't see a complete balanced composition...lots of blank space up top...possibly needs to be straightened, as well. I find myself kinda tilting my head to the left as I look at it. Seems like the main subject is the tallest building...but the off-center placement is kinda awkward to me. But of course this is strictly my opinion. There's plenty if stuff I like about the image as well!!

Thanks for the feedback! More things to chew on before I attempt my next one (assuming that next one will be intentional ;) )

That's a really cool effect. Good title too.

I missed this one before. I've read the comments and appreciate the points. Personally, I think it's kickin'! :) Don't know how to escape having "blending" issues created, when shooting from such different perspectives (one shot from street level and one from the 20th floor), but I think you got the desired "ghosting" effect - nailed it pretty well, really. That was a clever approach.

Nice one, Lenny! Hope to see another one if you try it again. :thumbup:

Thanks, terri! There are a couple of things I might have done a few things differently (like get the spire of the building a bit higher in the frame) but I'm encouraged that this shot came out very much like I envisioned it, so yeah, I'll be doing some more :)

More, try more. Double exposure is a fascinating game (but only on film), exercises memory, unlocks magic not visible otherwise. It is a game for people with imagination and will to break all possible "rules". (Do we have rules ?)

Last edited:
Excellent! Nicely done. :D

Excellent! Nicely done. :D

Thanks!

More, try more. Double exposure is a fascinating game (but only on film), exercises memory, unlocks magic not visible otherwise. It is a game for people with imagination and will to break all possible "rules". (Do we have rules ?)

Maybe the only rule is to break the rules? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back