Ghost Freeways

saltface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night I was taking pictures from the top of a parking garage looking towards a freeway intersection. Just for fun I tried a 30 second shot (yes, it looks terrible) and this is what I got back today:

(link opens FULL IMAGE)

Any ideas what caused the faint lines in the sky? They look like a reflection of the ramp but they're not really in the right place. Or were people 4x4ing up South Mountain?

Looks like nothing more than simple airplane exhaust to me.

ive had that a few times while using a uv filter as well.
In a dark room against a bright window
when i was taking pics of fireworks

so its seems that its the really bright lights reflecting off of the filter into the camera.

so now latley when i went to take lightning pictures id take the UV fitler off.

and i havent had any problems yet.

its the filter-I have had this happen a few times the shape of your reflection is the shape of the high way so I would say it is the reflection-I take mine off at night now

I'm curious as to what brand and model of filters you guys are using?

I almost always have a filter attached, have taken plenty of long exposures at night but have never had any problems with reflections on the filter.

I'm curious as to what brand and model of filters you guys are using?

I almost always have a filter attached, have taken plenty of long exposures at night but have never had any problems with reflections on the filter.

It's a Hoya, I don't have it with me and I never look at it, but I can get the model tomorrow. This is the first time I've encountered this.

It's a Hoya, I don't have it with me and I never look at it, but I can get the model tomorrow. This is the first time I've encountered this.

Thank you, it would be great if you could come back with the model, I'm most curious.

Most reactions

Back