ghost

The flash is lighting particulate matter in the air. Be it dust, insects, water...

The flash is lighting particulate matter in the air. Be it dust, insects, water...

Yeah, I thought of that too. However, we have dozens and dozens of photos in that same place all shot with flash. Yes only a few have the "particulate matter." Here are some more shots in the same room, about the same position, same camera with the flash.

BPD4W.jpg

hLtNr.jpg

y8Xgu.jpg

Now, of course the argument could be on the opposite side of the coin here. (By "argument" I mean the discussion) Why would these "orbs" show up in some photos and not others if the are taken about the same time and the same place with the same camera?

omg people, wake up... "orbs" have been scientifically explained for many years now. They're very easy to reproduce. It's just light reflecting off particles like Bitter said.

But Manaheim! How on earth do you explain when they are not there in other pictures in the same room?! :sexywink:

But Manaheim! How on earth do you explain when they are not there in other pictures in the same room?! :sexywink:

You're right. I've been so foolish. Clearly, they are ghosts.

In fact, you've shown me the light and I now believe in forest pixies, unicorns, bridge trolls and George Bush.

omg people, wake up... "orbs" have been scientifically explained for many years now. They're very easy to reproduce. It's just light reflecting off particles like Bitter said.

I have never seen this and was simply asking for more information on it. Do you have any links for the scientifically explained orbs? I will try a google and see what I come up with. Thanks for your reply... I guess...

sheesh, even Ghost Hunters believe orbs are a load of crap.

Heh, well after a quick search I found most of the info I was looking for.

Orb (optics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its funny though how quickly a simple conversation here can turn into a bunch of children devolving into a bunch of immature comments.

Thanks for at least pretending to be adults for a post or two.

I actually do somewhat believe in the paranormal. Just not orbs being anything more than dust or bugs.

Yeah, it is funny how someone explained the orbs, but it isn't believed until Wiki is consulted. :roll:

I appreciate your insults as well. :thumbup:

Yeah, it is funny how someone explained the orbs, but it isn't believed until Wiki is consulted. :roll:

I laughed..

Wikipedia-facts-you-can-trust.jpg

I am sorry Bitter, I just do not consider "Oh its dust lit by your flash" an explanation. It was simple statement not backed by anything. I then ask you more specific questions regarding why they are in some shots and not others etc etc. Then it devolved into unicorns and gnomes. The wiki (and other research I did) had the explanations I was looking for. Why even a slight change in angle can cause them to appear or not appear. Why they appear at all. etc etc. I do not ever expect someone to do my "research" for me, I just wanted to your opinions as I actually value them.

I actually do somewhat believe in the paranormal. Just not orbs being anything more than dust or bugs.

Yeah me too. I just thought some might find these interesting. I know I did. Even though I originally figured it was all just dust and what not. It was just really odd that out of the hundreds of shots we took in the castle only time we saw orbs were in the rooms that were mentioned by the lady at the front desk. After looking at some more information I just find it likely that it is combination of room size, flash, and angle of light coming in the windows etc. Or... You can believe what you want ;-)

Most reactions

Back