Ghosts of an era gone by. C&C

Stevepwns

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobeastonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the first shot the best, it as a better feeling to it, the gold soldiers create more emotion and impact....not to mention it feels a bit more eerie than the gray soldiers. :)

l like the first shot more by far. The second shot looks like you're trying too hard. It looks gimmicky.

So yeah all votes for the original. I think I agree...... wasnt really comfortable with the second one. Guess thats why I needed some feedback on it.

The first shot is my favorite, the color is great and I really like war memorials. I can respect the first one as tribute more than the second.

Can you post the first one a little larger - 1024 on the long side?

Any particular reason?

Wanted to try something that would give you the optimization of the figures that I think you were trying to achieve with the process on the second image yet retain, though de-emphasize the background trees a bit.

Any particular reason?

Wanted to try something that would give you the optimization of the figures that I think you were trying to achieve with the process on the second image yet retain, though de-emphasize the background trees a bit.

ah, ok got you, yeah Ill look at that angle and post what I come up with, thanks for the idea.

EDIT: Something like this?

Ghosts of Days Past Pan-7116 by Jake aka Stevepwns, on Flickr

Last edited:
The monuments do look ghostly, but the saturated sky, the foreground barriers and plaques steal from that mood.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back