Gig photography - better images?

waggledance

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello

Trying to get into gig photography and wondered if anyone had some advice on kit. I've done a couple of gigs so far and used a Nikon D90, no flash, 28mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8 lens. ISO around 1600. Here are some of the pics ...

katehalle dot co dot uk (sorry for rule breaking but you can't see what i mean otherwise ...)

I'd like to improve the clarity of my images and wondered if anyone has any tips? Is my kit limiting me? I'm new to this and wary of using flash as it feels intrusive at intimate venues, also quite like to try and use the stage lighting so have steered away from it - is that a mistake? Have an SB600 if needs be.

Any tips on how to improve/particular piece of kit that would make a difference most appreciated ...

Thanks for reading this.

Well iso 1600 is kind of high so start by bringing that down, opening the aperture to the max in this case would be the best to bring down the shutter speed. Flash would be good, but distracting, so it depends on the preformers. So all i can help you with is keeping aperture as open as possible, and lower iso.

post some pictures and you will get responses. If you don't take time to help us, most won't take time to help you.

Most reactions

Back