girl in the brown hat

Mickey92978

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I was just hoping to get CC's on these photos. I was jsut playing around with my daughter in the backl yard and managed to get these pics. Let me know what you think please. Thanx

Great work. I particularly like #2 and #6. The staging and expression lend to something that draws the viewer in, I think, a bit more than the others.

I think that all of them would benefit from some subtle adjustments to your contrast and saturation. I think #2 would in even be a stunning photograph with just some minor adjustments.

Number 3 is my favorate, followed by # 5. I think number 4 is out of place with the rest of the series. That one just doesn't work for me, but the rest are great.

#3... love close-ups of children's expressions. Nice!

Thanks for all of you responses, it is greatly appreciated. And she is a total ham when she sees the camera come out, so I was pretty happy that she did not notice the camera right away, she was slightly distracted by the dog for a while.

Although it's not a typical "cutesy" kid's shot, I like #2. It really brings out her eyes nicely, although the photo has a dark mood to it.

C&C per req:

1. Good expression, but the fill light/flash is a little too strong. Also be congizant of distracting elements; the house, and orange-coloured objects image left.

2. Very good, again, the table in the background is a distractor. Both this and #1 are a little too centered; try and follow the 'rule' of thirds for these types of images.

3. Very good. Background isn't really an issue in this one, exposure is good, and being centered works given how close you are to the subject.

4. Cute, but I think a closer crop on the subject.

5. Excellent, however there appears to be some flare, possibly as a result of shooting too near the sun? Did you have a lens hood?

6. Almost, but not quite. What would have made this a great capture (the background notwithstanding) would have been to attract her attention, so that she was looking toward the camera; not directly down the lens, but just toward you enough so that you could see a little of her face.

Overall, very nicely done.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Wow, thank you all for feedback, it really helps seeing as how I am looking to improve my skills. I am a bit familiar with camera accessories, I am not sure what a lens hood is, I have heard of them but I guess I don't understand what is actually does. The only thing I had was my Nikon D40.
Although I would like to know what a lens hood does?
Thanks again all cc is appreciated :)

Wow, thank you all for feedback, it really helps seeing as how I am looking to improve my skills. I am a bit familiar with camera accessories, I am not sure what a lens hood is, I have heard of them but I guess I don't understand what is actually does. The only thing I had was my Nikon D40.
Although I would like to know what a lens hood does?
Thanks again all cc is appreciated :)

A lens hood is a shade for your camera, to keep stray light from hitting the lens at bad angles. They come in a variety of shapes, right now the 'petal' style is in vogue.

This is a lens hood:

Canon-2676A002.jpg

Oh Ok, I do have one of those, although mine is the round one that came with the lens, and yes I did have it on when I took the photo.
See I learned something knew today, Thank you. This is why I love this place, I know sometimes I fell stupid asking a question that may have a simple answer, but everyone here is really nice about it and don't make you feel like a toal idiot about it :)

Most reactions

Back