Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A stranger on the train

RailGirl960.jpg

That is great!

Very nice!

I'm not getting train but that's ok, the red isn't working for me. Just a matter of taste I guess since others really like it but I'm not getting it.

Very mysterious candid photo indeed and artistically done. a little creepy, but if that is the mood you are after you got it!

Lovely photo. I think it would better with a portrait orientation. Right now, the red and white bokeh makes up the majority of the photo. Let the focus truly be on her. I'm someone in agreement about the red--b/c it's her reflection on a red surface you really can't get away from it. And her black hair with the red surface should go well. But b/c of the reflection you've got a red version of her in the photo and I am not wild about that.

Nominated for POTM, February, 2015

sashbar was apparently shooting through standers on the train, but what an interesting way to frame the young woman's face!

Cropping the top and bottom would ordinarily not be the most ideal, but here it seems almost necessary due to the very tight frame that was brought in by the obstructions between the photographer and his subject.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, appreciated.

I would rather leave the red as it is, I could make it lighter or desatirate etc, but the point of this image to me is that it is essentially just a snapsot, SOOC JPEG, I just cropped it ever so slightly, no other alterations.

I'm not getting train but that's ok, the red isn't working for me. Just a matter of taste I guess since others really like it but I'm not getting it.

Designer, you are very close. It was not passengers though.

:congratulatory: Trever - the train part comes from the fact that it WAS on the train. Here is another shot, before I dump it, just to show you how I did it. Very simple really. Anyone sitting on a smilar train with a tele can do it.

The original shot was taken with FUJI XT-1 at ISO 6400, f/4.8, 1/80 sec, 200 mm. as I said, cam JPEG with no alterations.
The one below was shot at 55 mm.

Girl_on_train.jpg

Most reactions

Back