Girlfriend wants an SLR

xiangji

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My girlfriend has been going on about wanting to get her first SLR.

I shoot a 40D and she said that she wants a canon too. Probably benificial
as she can borrow my lenses...well...she thinks she can.

She's been looking at the 450D and the 1000D as these are not too steep in $...

If I can get just a body for now would be good. Seen a new 1000D body on an ebay shop for £275 I think.

Any suggestions and help would be great!

cheers

I would stick with Canon so you can share lenses...

Anything in the Rebel line will most likely be good enough.

Well, a less-demanding girlfriend would get you out of this jam straightaway, but that might take some time. (just kidding!);)

I dunno...there are some really good deals on used and refurbished d-slr bodies these days,especially from some of the really BIG retail channels, like Amazon.com here in the USA. Canon and Nikon often seem to channel a lot of their refurbished products through particular retail/internet firms that are what you Brits might call High Street type dealers...and the prices on this refurbished merchandise can be REALLY,really low when the NIkon or anon factory representatives come into the stores on a more or less semi-annual basis to demonstrate their wares. Used bodies 1 or 2 models back are selling very cheaply from motivated individual sellers these days, but are selling for more at big name shops and large websites.

I have scored some ridiculously-low priced direct from Nikon during these Nikon Demo Days sales, and have also seen some good prices on Canon factory-refurbished equipment at similar Canon sales events.

In June, I bought a new-in-box EOS 350D for $200 from a now-bankrupt USA camera dealer, Ritz camera; prices on now-discontinued stock can be exceptionally low, if you shop carefully; unscrupulous shops are still selling the 350D as if it were current and top-end of the Rebel line.

Buy her a body or ... buy me a 70-200L F4 USM....... OH MY GOOOOODD!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back