Girls High School Soccer

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to shoot a a match today in the rain. I wish it had been coming down harder than it was. That would have made for some messy shots. Not sure how good these look on other monitors. I'm borrowing the spyder 3 from work tomorrow to calibrate. I think my home LCD is way brighter and more contrasty than it should be.

Comments and crits as welcome as always.

LODI_TOKAY_SOCCER_01.jpg
LODI_TOKAY_SOCCER_02.jpg

LODI_TOKAY_SOCCER_03.jpg
LODI_TOKAY_SOCCER_04.jpg

Last edited:
the colours here are not horrible, but they aren't great either.... they look like they could use a bit more saturation/contrast. At least on my monitor anyways....

the colours here are not horrible, but they aren't great either.... they look like they could use a bit more saturation/contrast. At least on my monitor anyways....
Pretty much the same on my monitor. You catch some interesting faces in those pics. :) Looks good though.

Contrary to what has been said, colour and saturation do not require any adjustments in these shots. The problem is that there seems to be NO clear open eyes in any of the shots. Exposure could have been about 1/3 stop brighter and/or the faces should have been brightened in postprocessing.

skieur

I appreciate the input on exposures. Hopefully I can the the spyder this weekend to calibrate.

But There is nothing that can be done about the facial expressions. Soccer is a high impact sport where the players are constantly looking down so it makes their eyes look closed in a lot of situations. And the problem with shooting the intense action is that they often do have their eyes closed at the peak of the play or they have skewed faces. That's the same at eny level of the sport, child to pro

Love them all, especially the one that looks like the girl is getting ready to go down! I just posted some soccer shots, too. Unfortunately, now that I see your pictures, our games were canceled today because of the rain!

the chicks are hot

Most reactions

Back