Girls n Frogs

sandrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wife was messing around in the back yard with a small frog. Was able to capture it

C&C welcome

$image-3859089380.jpg

Last edited:
The lighting seems fine to me but the background is way too blurry for my taste. Also the subject of the picture seems to want to be the frog but since its so small that it obviously becomes the woman.

Frog is so tiny he's lost other wise not to bad. Maybe some fill flash for the shadows in her face and neck.

Thanks guys....frog was a tadpole a week ago, will have to have another go at it when he grows a bit. Agree on the fill, a reflector woulda done it maybe.

Forget the frog, shoot the wife. :) You've got a lovely lady with a great smile there .
The WB looks off to me (not easy with her hair colour) and I suspect you've done a little too much processing on her eyes - or are they really that intense blue?
Working to get the perfect shot of a lady like her should be a very pleasant way to spend time. ;)

If you don't mind I may have a go at my take on the edit later on this morning.

Forget the frog, shoot the wife. :) You've got a lovely lady with a great smile there .
The WB looks off to me (not easy with her hair colour) and I suspect you've done too much processing on her eyes - or are they really that intense blue?
Working to get the perfect shot of a lady like her should be a very pleasant way to spend time. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Granddad, she's a good sport letting me shoot. Her eyes really are that blue in the right light. Processing was minor smoothing of skin under eyes, bumped up overall saturation and brightened teeth a tad. I'll have a look at WB. Lighting was tough in the desert sun didn't have speedlight handy, but was pleasantly pleased considering. The frog really never was the focal point as you well know :)

I like the DOF and the expression of the wife. The frog is not visible and she seems to be showing us something that we can't see :) It looks like she is presenting us nothing but empty hands.. so my opinion also.. forget the frog.
I feel that eyes and teeth are a bit overprocessed and I would lighten a bit the entire face and neck (you have bright hair, bright clothes, eyes and teeth but darker face).

I like the photo overall

My humble opinion is...she should have strecth her arm through the camera and shkw us the frog much closer. As the frog is the main subject, but the model is important too, then you should use a larger dof to keep her as focussed as you can :) still...I like the image :)

Moar frog!

Can't even see the little bugger.

I feel cheated by the title... I was expecting multiple frogs! Really it should be Girl and Frog... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back