Give me feedback on our new website!

It says "we are CONSTANTLY learning...", which is much different. However, your point may still stand. What do others think about that part in the ABOUT US tab?

The first bit is a bit sloppy made me feel sick,

The first part of the About Us tab? Are you talking about the grammer, content, or overall sentence structure? Can't tell if your post was sarcastic or something, but I'm not sure that I understood what you were trying to say.

This bit
My name is Danielle Albini and I was born and raised in San Diego, California. I married the love of my life, Travis, in the summer of 2008 and have enjoyed developing our life together in Chico, California over the past 3 years. We feel called and blessed to capture some of the most precious moments in people’s lives. We are committed to doing our best to make your Photography experience one that you want to continue for a lifetime.

people don't want to know when you met and how much in love you are, they want to know what credentials you have and how long you have been shooting

The first bit is a bit sloppy made me feel sick,

The first part of the About Us tab? Are you talking about the grammer, content, or overall sentence structure? Can't tell if your post was sarcastic or something, but I'm not sure that I understood what you were trying to say.

This bit
My name is Danielle Albini and I was born and raised in San Diego, California. I married the love of my life, Travis, in the summer of 2008 and have enjoyed developing our life together in Chico, California over the past 3 years. We feel called and blessed to capture some of the most precious moments in people’s lives. We are committed to doing our best to make your Photography experience one that you want to continue for a lifetime.

people don't want to know when you met and how much in love you are, they want to know what credentials you have and how long you have been shooting

So it was simply the content, and not the grammer? My wife wrote that and thought it gave a nice background to who we are and what we have been up to. Sorry it didn't sit well with you. Thanks for the feedback.

Background is one thing, well, relevant background.

Just honestly ask yourself, has information like that ever swayed you towards a purchase or service?

Background is one thing, well, relevant background.

Just honestly ask yourself, has information like that ever swayed you towards a purchase or service?

Good point. I think it depends on who is looking at our site. Some brides care about connecting with a photographer and having similarities. Some care about the age, appearance, style of the photographer. Some care only about the image quality, while others care much more about the price or a photogs personality. I think this really depends on the client and differs greatly from one to another.

If the info we have added would possibly HURT our ability to book clients we would certainly take it out. Do you read that and say "I wouldn't hire a young married couple that looks like that"? Maybe some people would say that, sounds like some people around here might. It may not be directly applicable, but it may offer just enough info for someone to throw us an email with something we may have in common as a talking point. Maybe it is totally irrelevant though, thanks for commenting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back