Giving and Receiving C&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good points that some people will get and some won't. Those that get it will praise you, those that don't will demonize you. Since there's no rudder on this particular ship, you'll eventually get frustrated, give up and move on like all of the very good photographers that were once here.

That said, imo, nicely put.

But yeah, I seem to recall this thread is like ancient.

Go take a look at the " Extreme stringholding" thread if you want to see defensive.
It's a superb example of what you write.
Take a look at that image and some of the critique praising it.
I know you thought you were playing up to the big boys on the forum with all this insight but at the same time you just threw one of them under the bus, futuristic-ally.

And get this. You got a thumbs up for it.

I won't sit here and speak of " hypocrisy" in photography. It's useless.

The perfect image would fit all eyes.
That means it has yet to happen.

PS : be sure to thank me

1. Don't bring your Bitter Jeweler hate drama here. I'm reporting you for posting off topic, baiting, and helping to bump a 7 month old thread.

2. Bitter Jeweler has proven himself a very good photographer. I won't comment on the photograph in question, but he did say it was an experiment.

3. You came in, with your ~2 weeks of being registered here, and told him something along the lines of "It's the worst image you've seen since you've been here." That would be like me going to a concert, and after the third song saying, "That was the worst song I've heard since I got here!"

4. Bitter didn't get defensive. Read his responses to everyone BUT you. He responded the way he did because you were a d-bag to him. If you'd had 3 weeks here, instead of 2, you might know that Bitter doesn't respond kindly to d-baggery, like what you brought.

5. There was very little critique actually praising that shot. Most people were critical about either the tilt, the subject, or the strange DoF it had.

Dude, live in the real world. If you have a grudge with someone, keep it to PMs, or at least keep it to the thread it started in. You have some issues, and you aren't doing much for your reputation. Bitter, believe it or not, actually has a good reputation from those of us who've been here more than a couple weeks.

Here's a tip, don't be a d-bag, and people won't be one back. Don't confuse that with defensiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back